Friday, October 9, 2009

Potential Winter Market Downtown NA

Good Afternoon:

Below is a brief overview of the Winter Farmer's Market I am planning for this November through next May. This is a separate venture from the DANA sponsored summer market and is set up to be a free standing business. If you know of vendors who may be interested please encourage them to contact me so I can answer questions etc.

More details to come stay tuned!!

David

Potential Winter Market Downtown NA:

I am looking for Growers and Producers to populate a NEW winter market (indoors) in North Attleborough MA. I plan on running the Market on Sunday Afternoons from November thru April, possibly May. Anticipated times are either 12-3 or 4 or 1 to 4 or 5. I am offering either 4 foot or 8 foot spaces at $10 or $20 per week, with a one time start up fee of $15 or $30. It's possible that if I have enough interest I may offer a full season rate a a discount. There are 26 potential dates, No markets for 12/27, 1/3, 4/4, 5/9.

There are approx 14 8 ft spaces or 28 4 ft spaces. I am encouraging vendors to share spaces as it will increase variety which in turn should increase the allure of the market.

The ground rules for the market are as follows: (Subject to change)

1 Vendors are responsible for the appropriate licensing, insurance, sales taxes.
2 Vendors are to provide their own tables, equipment etc. NO COOKING allowed.
3 Vendors are to be the growers and/or producers and goods sold are to be from within 200 miles of North Attleborough. This is a Local Market supporting local growers and producers.
4 In the event of inclement weather and cancellation of the market fees paid will be applied to the next market date, no refunds will be given.
5 Vendors may sell NON-Edibles if they are locally produced and agriculturally based, ex. beeswax candles, soaps, goat milk soaps, aroma therapy, wool.

This is a market in progress so I invite suggestions as well as participation. I may be contacted at dsca995@cs.com, 508 409 1534 or you can visit me Saturdays at the Downtown North Attleborough Farmers Market from 9 am to 12 noon,(I suggest you call 1st to make sure I'm there). I am also available to visit you at your farm or facility. I also have a blog at nafarmersmarket.blogspot.com where I like to talk up local producers.

Thanks for your support,
David Scanlan

1 comment:

  1. I hope this comes together. I'd love to shop there!

    ReplyDelete